DEAKIN UNIVERSITY PATHWAY FOR FINANCIAL ADVISORS
International Institute of Technology (IIT) have an articulation pathway with Deakin University to meet FASEA’s education requirement for existing Financial Advisors and new Financial Advisors or Career Changers.
- Step 1: FNS50615Diploma of Financial Planning (DFP)
- Step 2: FNS60415 Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (ADFP)
- Step 3: Existing Advisors are those Financial Advisors who have been authorised representatives (AR) under an AFSL at some stage between January 1st 2016 to December 31st 2018) who have completed the ADFP or are still to complete the ADFP. These Advisors will be eligible for 2 credits into the Deakin University Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning or Masters of Financial Planning once the ADFP is completed with IIT. A 10% Discount is available to all IIT students articulating into the above Deakin Qualifications. Please ask about our discount code for the Deakin courses. *Students will need 2 years experience in the financial services sector, to be eligible to enrol into the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning.
- Existing Advisors who have the RG146 accredited SMSF designation will gain 1 credit with Deakin, so in total 3 credits if they have the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning as well as SMSF
- If you have no financial planning qualifications and you are not currently an Authorised Representative (AR) and you do not hold a “relevant degree” to meet FASEA’s higher education requirement, you can complete IIT’s Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning qualifications and then articulate into a Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning major) with credits or if a career changer, you would need to enrol into the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning. You would be entitled to one credit. Contact details and further information about the Deakin Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning or Masters of Financial Planning programs are in the Financial Planning brochure link below.
Please click on the link below to find out more about this articulation pathway with Deakin, or contact Deakin directly on email@example.com or phone on (03) 9244 5009 to speak with one of their friendly support staff.
Please use the tool in this link below to find out what FASEA education requirements you need. Financial Planning Pathways Education Pathway Tool
Please click on the Financial Planning Brochure to understand the articulation pathway with Deakin. Financial Planning Brochure