Only Centrelink study support is available in 2020, for Certificate IV level qualifications only. No Victorian Skills first funding is available.
AUSTUDY and ABSTUDY (Centrelink) **All Certificate IV qualifications at IIT are approved by Centrelink. *Centrelink has made changes to Diploma and above qualifications, as of January 2018. They are not covered by Austudy or Abstudy.
IIT encourage students with disabilities to enrol in a course suitable to their learning needs. Where necessary, reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate students with disabilities. For students with learning disabilities, LLN testing and a pre enrolment interview will be organised by our assessors to determine if the student is eligible and able to undertake the level qualification they are interested in enrolling in.
Austudy and Abstudy are financial assistance programs offered by the Federal Government. Austudy provides support for students and Australian Apprentices aged 25 or over.
You may get Austudy if you are a:
• full-time student aged 25 or over undertaking an approved course at an approved institution. Centrelink Approved Courses generally include secondary education courses, undergraduate courses, associate diplomas and some other diplomas, TAFE courses and some post-graduate courses. From 1 January 2018 only Cert IV qualifications are approved for Centrelink with IIT.
• full-time Australian Apprentice aged 25 or over with a current Commonwealth Registration Identification number.
You must also:
• be an Australian permanent resident
• be in Australia on the day you claim, and
• have lived in Australia for a total of two years
Please contact your nearest Centrelink or JobNetwork Member office to find out more details. Mention you wish to enrol in an IIT qualification and they will assist you further.
Disclaimer: The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment; and details of any other fees including but not limited to student services, amenities, goods or materials.